Banksy does it again, taking over Bristol’s museum
A burned-out ice-cream van is among 100 works Banksy has installed at Bristol’s museum, replacing many of the museum’s regular artefacts.
The reason the museum was closed was kept secret from top council officials.
Banksy said: “This is the first show I’ve ever done where taxpayers’ money is being used to hang my pictures up rather than scrape them off.”
Staged in the council-owned City Museum and Art Gallery, Banksy v Bristol Museum features animatronics, installations and a sensory display.
Previously Banksy related:
- The “Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill” Opens in New York City
- Banksy on the move, takes on the KKK in Birmingham, Alabama
- Time lapse video of Banky’s ‘Cans Festival’
- Photos from Banksy’s Cans Festival — 05.07.08
- Graffiti artist Banksy unmasked???
- Graffiti artist Banksy pulls off most audacious stunt to date – despite being watched by CCTV
- Banksy returns to Bethlehem
- Banksy’s debt to Warhol revealed in London show
- Banksy in New Orleans