Exit Through The Gift Shop – A Banksy Film
Exit Through The Gift Shop
This is the inside story of Street Art – a brutal and revealing account of what happens when fame, money and vandalism collide. Exit Through the Gift Shop follows an eccentric shop-keeper turned amateur film-maker as he attempts to capture many of the world’s most infamous vandals on camera, only to have a British stencil artist named Banksy turn the camcorder back on its owner with wildly unexpected results. One of the most provocative films about art ever made, Exit Through the Gift Shop is a fascinating study of low-level criminality, comradeship and incompetence. By turns shocking, hilarious and absurd, this is an enthralling modern-day fairytale… with bolt cutters.
Previously Banksy related on P&F:
- The “Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill” Opens in New York City
- Banksy on the move, takes on the KKK in Birmingham, Alabama
- Time lapse video of Banky’s ‘Cans Festival’
- Photos from Banksy’s Cans Festival — 05.07.08
- Graffiti artist Banksy unmasked???
- Graffiti artist Banksy pulls off most audacious stunt to date – despite being watched by CCTV
- Banksy returns to Bethlehem
- Banksy’s debt to Warhol revealed in London show
- Banksy in New Orleans