Her eyes follow your cursor, but that’s not all
But thats not all. With the Motion Portrait Demo you can choose from different models and dress them up, change their facial expressions, simulate talking and animate them. All the while their eyes follow the cursor.
Very slick demo, they’ve come a long way since my original post about them in 2007.
Link to Motion Portrait Inc.
Along their history:
- 2005 April Started full-scale research and development of next-generation facial animation technology, within Sony Kihara Research Center
- 2007 July Established Motion Portrait Inc. as a spin-off of Sony Corporation
- 2008 June Campaign site “Rec You”, which used Motion Portrait technology, won a Gold Award at Cannes Cyber Lions International Advertising Festival
- 2009 May Award winner at Infinity Ventures Summit 2009 Spring “Launch Pad”
- 2009 June Campaign “PEACE MIRROR”, which used Motion Portrait technology, won a Silver Award at Cannes International Advertising Festival
- 2009 October Launched the iPhone app “PhotoSpeak”, started full-fledged entertainment business activities
- 2012 August “ZombieBooth” smartphone app series topped 10 million downloads
- 2012 October Conducted third-party share allocation for company officials