The similarities between Jesus Christ and Elvis Presley are almost uncanny
The similarities between Jesus Christ and Elvis Presley are almost uncanny. Just check the following parallels for yourself!
- Jesus said “Love thy neighbor.” Elvis said “Don’t be cruel.”
- Jesus is the Lord’s shepherd. Elvis dated Cybill Shepherd.
- Jesus was part of the Trinity. Elvis’ first band was a trio.
- Jesus walked on water. Elvis surfed (Blue Hawaii, 1965).
- Jesus’ entourage, the Apostles, had 12 members. Elvis’ entourage, the Memphis Mafia, had 12 members.
- Jesus was resurrected. Elvis had the famous 1968 “Comeback” TV special and many posthumous mall sightings.
- Jesus said “If a man thirst, let him come to me, and drink.” (John 7:37). Elvis said “Drinks on me” (Jail House Rock, 1957).
- Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights. Elvis also had irregular eating habits (eg, 5 banana split breakfast).
- Jesus is a Capricorn (Dec 25). Elvis is a Capricorn (Jan8).
- Matthew was a biographer of Jesus. Neil Matthews was a biographer of Elvis (A Golden Tribute).
- “Jesus countenance…like lightning…raiment snow white.” (Matthew 28:3) Elvis wore snow white jumpsuits with lightning bolts.
- Jesus lived in a state of grace in a near-eastern land. Elvis lived in Graceland in a nearly eastern state.
- Jesus’ mother Mary had an immaculate conception. Elvis’ wife Priscilla went to Immaculate Conception H.S.
- People called Jesus a “…glutton and a drunk.” (Luke 7:34) People called Elvis “…an overweight druggie…”.
- Jesus died for us. Young girls would ‘die for’ Elvis.
- Jesus was born in humble surroundings. Elvis was born in Mississippi.
- Even today Jesus has a cult following. Even today Elvis has a cult following.
- Jesus was called “King of Israel..” (John 12:13) Elvis was called “King of Rock n’ Roll”.
Was Elvis the 20th-century re-incarnation of Jesus? Hey, decide for yourself…