Where’s At at? Chinese couple tried to name baby ‘@’
A Chinese couple tried to name their baby “@”, claiming the character used in e-mail addresses echoed their love for the child.
The unusual name stands out especially in Chinese. It has no alphabet and instead uses tens of thousands of multi-stroke characters to represent words.
“The whole world uses it to write e-mail, and translated into Chinese it means ‘love him’,” the father explained, according to the deputy chief of the State Language Commission Li Yuming.
Then there is the couple that tried to name their kid 4real
Pat and Sheena Wheaton were told by the government registry in New Zealand they could not register the name because it included a digit.
Other wacky baby names:
1. Kal-el Coppola (Son of actor Nicolas Cage)
2. Audio Science (Son of actress Shannyn Sossaman)
3. Bluebell Madonna (Daughter of Singer Geri Halliwell)
4. Daisy Boo (Daughter of chef Jamie Oliver)
5. Pilot Inspektor (Son of actress Beth Riesgraf and actor Jason Lee)
6. Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily (Daughter of TV presenter Paula Yates and Singer Michael Hutchence)
7. Dixie Dot (Daughter of television presenter Anna Ryder Richardson)
8. God’Iss Love Stone (Daughter of Singer Lil’Mo)
9. Jermajesty (Son of Singer Jermaine Jackson)
10. Apple (Daughter of actress Gwyneth Paltrow and singer Chris Martin)